Museum details | Historic Blenheim House & The Civil War Interpretive Center | 3610 Old Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Fairfax City)| 703-591-0560 | Free admission except during Fairfax History Day activities. There’s also a fee for group tours| Free Parking | Four buildings on 12-acre grounds. The buildings are the Historic Blenheim House, the Civil War Interpretive Center (photos below), Grandma’s Cottage, and the Dairy Barn Complex. | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn (unclaimed profile) | Wikipedia
Read my previous posts – Historic Blenheim House & The Civil War Interpretive Center and Historic Blenheim House & The Civil War Interpretive Center – The Buildings (Fairfax City, VA).
COVID-19 Warning: All the buildings on the Historic Blenheim (Willcoxon Farm) campus are closed until further notice. Public tours and event space rentals are not available as well. There is a message on the museum’s voicemail inviting everyone to walk the grounds.
I recommend walking around the 12-acre grounds. Paths are connecting all the buildings. The parking lot is closed (gate with a padlock). However, street parking is available.
You can see inside some of the buildings from the comfort of your home. There are short videos on Historic Blenheim’s Facebook Page & City of Fairfax YouTube Channel that tell the rich history of the campus. Explore Historic Blenheim, at home, in your favorite chair! Here is a list:
- City of Fairfax History Talks – Lewis Lee (January 31, 2019)
- Mysteries of Blenheim (posted June 26, 2019)
- Historic Blenheim Wall Imaging Update (posted September 25, 2019)
- Graffiti, Grab, and Go: Northern Virginia Graffiti Trail (posted April 8, 2020)
- Out of the Mouths of Soldiers (posted May 1, 2020)
- The Making of HardTack (posted May 15, 2020)
- Fairfax History Day is April 28! (promotional video)
Thank you for reading CAPMandMore.com!